: are you listening? :

Friday, November 3, 2006

my blog, inspired by me

i like writing creatively. but that doesn't mean it comes easily to me. what you are about to read is a little comment i wrote Beth that was illuminated by a very small area of my mind and therefore is quite likely only 5% grammar-correct. who cares. come on, something that is worthy of being blogged in my... blog... has got to be one in a million (maybe that's cause i only blog once in a million)...

"...there are strange managers on every staff! maybe [your kid-clothing store manager] has had a few experiences in the past with male employees quitting because they're surrounded by too much femininity and/or awww-induced maternal instinct. some things are just too much for guys to handle.

"speaking of awww-induced behaviour, i was at the zoo the other day picking nathan up from the ctrain, and gave in to the head-tilt, batty eyelashes, and charmed half-smile full of wishful thinking when i spotted not one, not two, but atleast three half-a-dozen children in furry little costumes being led past my car by their parents. zebras, cows, princesses, and gerbils - yes, i'm sure it was meant to be a gerbil outfit - marching alongside strollers and their half-enthusiastic moms with starbucks in hand. awe-induced is right. can't wait to be one of those baggy-eyed go-go-go moms! really i mean it!"

wow, forget i ever mentioned it.

on a completely different note, while my husband donates his time tonight to learning how to Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, i'm going christmas decoration shopping! you, honestly, have NO idea what this means to me. something i have been longing for maybe since last year. okay seriously. it's a big deal for me! i own a house now. i "sold-my-soul-to-the-income-sucking-interest-hording-we'll-kill-you-if-you-don't-choose-the-100-year-amortization" kind of own it. so now i get the privilege of decorating it for christmas. it's what everyone longs for, isn't it? to be honest i'll probably only come home with a fake 2-ft charlie-brown-esque thing that almost resembles a christmas tree and a few bobbles and twinkle lights, because my bank card won't work after that $300 is gone. boy i love christmas. not just real Christmas, with the "peace unto earth and goodwill to all men" stuff, but the commercialized "let's rob them good like they wish for a curb-stomp" christmas. icing on the cake of consumerism. this year, don't stick it to The Man, have his cake and eat it too!

satirical commentary aside, i'm serious. join me for a hot cider when i get back. here's to happy decoration hunting! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Your house will be awesome in Christmas mode. I'm gonna start demanding to be invited over more than once every two weeks. I promise I'll bring baking or something Christmassy as payment though.

Sat Nov 04, 06:58:00 p.m.

 
Blogger Unknown said...

hey lauren,
just letting you know that I finally got together a blog site for myself. I'm still putting it together, but i have it now.

Thu Nov 09, 09:05:00 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home