: are you listening? :

Tuesday, October 3, 2006

someone please buy me a fireplace

Christmas time is here
Happiness and cheer
Fun for all that children call
Their favorite time of the year

Snowflakes in the air
Carols everywhere
Olden times and ancient rhymes
Of love and dreams to share

Sleigh bells in the air
Beauty everywhere
Yuletide by the fireside
And joyful memories there

Christmas time is here
We'll be drawing near
Oh, that we could always see
Such spirit through the year
Oh, that we could always see
Such spirit through the year...

i know, i know. it's only october. i don't care. i love christmas.
joy to the world
i played the charlie brown christmas soundtrack at work last week and people were smiling.
fine, they were likely laughing at me, but they were still smiling.
joy joy joy

6 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

This brought a smile to my face. Christmas is my favourite time of year and I can't wait for November when I can, without guilt, begin phasing in my Christmas music collection. By early December, anyone riding in my car should expect to hear nothing but Christmas music.

As with most things in my life, I dream of emulating the "good ol' days". The idyllic greeting-card style Christmas happenings is so tempting to me. Sitting with friends and family around a roaring fire with thick snow falling outside, warm cookies on a plate, and some ridiculously delicious nog in a glass. It has yet to happen with the annual brown Christmas and busy schedules... but I still dream.

If you get a fireplace, you definitely need to invite a few of us over for a house-warming (in the literal sense) party. I'll bring the nog. We can sled down your front lawn (traffic fears suppressed by a bit of pre-sledding "enhanced" nog) just long enough to ensure that our extremities are thoroughly chilled, allowing true enjoyment of the warmth inside.

Tue Oct 03, 09:20:00 p.m.

 
Blogger Cyler Parent said...

What he said, lol.

My mom started her official countdown in her MSN name. I don't necessarily like christmas day itself, but the season in it's entirty is wonderful. Our culture has lost so much, and Christmas is one season that is fading fast, but there are still glimpses of good within.

Tue Oct 03, 11:45:00 p.m.

 
Blogger Jonathan said...

Clearly YVR doesn't agree, I say we boycott his anti Christmas-music Cantaloupe.

Thu Oct 05, 05:28:00 p.m.

 
Blogger Fluffy said...

yay christmas!! I have a weird craving for fruitcake now. mmmm...fruitcake

Tue Oct 10, 07:32:00 p.m.

 
Blogger YVR and his GLOWING FLAIL said...

I love Christmas music actually, but just like all other radio music, some gets overplayed and the rest is underplayed. My favorite time to listen to Christmas music is summer.

And I wore a Christmas hat to school two weeks ago, does that count?

By the way I LOVE christmas and it's coming very shortly (when you really think about it).

I'm not a bad guy, Jonny, don't hate me.

Thu Oct 12, 12:00:00 p.m.

 
Blogger laureneh said...

I miss you guys.

Thu Jun 24, 10:58:00 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home